14 hours (usually 2 days including breaks)
Angular Bespoke Course Outline
This agenda can be adjusted or extended.
Avoiding major pitfalls of scaling an AngularJS app
Proper MVC directory structure
Writing Modules in a smarter way
- Keeping the names consistent
- Modularize the Header, Footer, Routes
Dependency injection and minifying the code
- Global dependencies
- Syntax of 'controllerAs'
- Using 'bindToController' in our Directives
- Making 'ng-click' conditional
Factory vs Service
- All providers are singletons
Utilizing browser extensions (Batarang, etc)
To many watchers and performance issues
- Write-only in the controllers
- Read-only in the templates
- Object in the scope instead of properties
- Avoiding to shadow property of the parent '$scope'
- Prototypical inheritance
- Keeping scope uncluttered
- How to talk with sibling objects
- ngMock module
- e2e tests with Jasmine '
- $digest' cycles
- How to easly close the feedback loop
- Run tests in parallel across different browsers
- Real world usage scenarios with different devices
- Change the way of thinking
- Facade to interact with servers
- Separation of server interaction and error handling from the model
- Business logic in models
- Configure providers before they are injected
- Proper use of '$scope.$emit()' and '$scope.$broadcast'
- Automating our workflow
- yo, grunt, bower
- Use case with cordova
Angular 1 vs Angular 2
- Differences and similarities
- Three ways: typescript, pure js, dart
- Good practices in Angular 2
- Upgrading from version 1
It is good to have hands-on exercises after lectures.
I liked the code examples and the elaboration.